Wednesday, March 21, 2012

African Backyard Safari


The weather has been so unseasonably warm this winter it feels like we missed out on winter!  Usually we end up cutting the grass around the middle of April.  Last week, I discovered grass (and weeds) up to my knees. We had a yard service last year.  I have been trying to call him, to no avail. So, I got out our lawn mower.  It was dead.  I changed the oil and spark plug………………nothing.  I called it.  So, Monday we bought a new little push mower and Tuesday Aaron put it together.  This brings us to tonight.  I got the mower out and started mowing the front.  

 Logan actually asked if I could show him how to mow.  Of course!  (Hehehe!:))  He wanted to mow our neighbor’s yard, which he did.  When I asked him to mow our front yard, he was suddenly tired and plus didn’t I know he has allergies?!  (and so getting OUT of mowing the yard begins!)  I did the front and side yards pretty quickly since they weren’t really bad.  Then, I went to conquer the back.   

At this point, Joey came out onto the patio to watch.  Jokingly, I said, “Be careful- I don’t know what animals are going to come out of this tall grass!”  I started mowing.  I Had gotten through about half the lawn when I noticed Joey was still sitting on the patio.  Worried about the pollen and grass the mower was unsettling, I told him to go inside.  That is when my baby boy looked me in the eye and said,

“ Mom, I want to watch!  I’m watching for a tiger!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews