Monday, July 23, 2012

There is a season...........


When I was growing up, it seemed my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were invincible.  I couldn’t imagine a world where those people would change.  Yet, here I sit in 2012.  I have lost both of my uncles, one set of grandparents, and our family has shifted.  My cousins who I use to play with have families of there own now.  I watch our children play together and think of how strange it is we are the adults now.  We have taken the place of our parents, our parents have taken over the role of grandparents, ect. 
Now, my own grandparents are not doing very well.  Grandpa still gets around okay, but struggles with heart (and vitamin) problems.  He still drives, although we are starting to worry about that now.  My main concern now is my Grandmother.  My grandma and I have always been close.  When my mom and I would be in the middle of an argument when I was a teenager, she only needed to call my grandmother and I would do whatever she asked.  My sweet grandma who I love so much is having problems.  She has fallen several times, is now on oxygen, and has a great deal of trouble getting around.  When my mom called last night to tell me grandma had fallen again, I could hear the stress and worry in her voice.  It is also hard because I cannot be with her constantly.  I have the boys, a job, and I live 3 hours away.  I would bring her to my house but I know she wouldn’t come.  Her siblings are there, her friends, and the other grandchildren.  Questions are unanswered right now.  What can we do?  What does the future hold?  It is also hard because I cannot be with her constantly.  I have the boys and a job.  Pray for our family, especially my mom.  She lost her brothers and now is caring for her mom without their help.  Thank God for my cousins who live near her and are pitching in as much as they can!
In the upcoming months, I will try to remember, I am fortunate enough to have had my grandparents for as long as I have. They have not only held me but have rocked all my babies and watched them grow into boys! This I am grateful for. So I will trust in God now when things are a little harder and love them while I have them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews