Friday, December 28, 2012

You don’t have a WWE wrestling ring in your room.


I have often found when faced with an unpleasant task, it often helps to find a different task to totally distract you from the unpleasant task.  Today was the day.  I was going to put up Christmas decorations, clean up the house, and organize.   I really wanted to get it done.  However, I could not possibly do any of that until Logan had a WWE wrestling ring completely set up in his room.  

 I know you think I have officially lost it this time.  For the past few months, Logan has really gotten into wrestling.  I don’t get it.  Football…yes, baseball….sure, but WWE?  Really?  I don’t understand it.  However, I am a MOM!  I am a super mom!  And what kind of mom would I be if I did not support my son’s wish of having a wrestling ring in his room?  It has, after all, been his DREAM for a DAYS.  I looked on the internet but found most of these rings would set me back a couple of thousand.  (I am SUPERMOM, but I am also SUPERTHRIFTY.)  Then, I got the tingle.  My Spidey sense kicked in and I realized I could make him one.  I, SUPERMOM, could make him a WWE wrestling ring.  Of course, you see now why I absolutely had to put off cleaning. 



 It is almost done and it looks great! I still have to add the cords and a few chairs and tables for the boys to smash over one another.  I made it with some plywood from the garage, mattress foam, duck tape (of course!), and shower curtain liner.  I even foamed the wall so little wrestlers had less of a chance of ending up in the ER.  Come on- I am a mom and safety first.  So, to those who tease me about being a crafty, mini-van driving, DIY Mommy- Guess what?  You don’t have a WWE wrestling ring in your room.  Aren’t you jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews