Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Joey is Turning Four!


Sunday will be the fourth birthday of my littlest boy.  I am slowly coming to terms with the fact I no longer have a baby in my house.  It is so bittersweet.  On one hand, I celebrated the day I realized I no longer had to buy diapers or pull-ups.  I bought them continuously for ten years.  We went to Six Flags for the first time this year and I realized we did not have to lug a stroller around or carry a bag filled with supplies.  Think of the freedom!  I do miss the sweet baby belly laughs and the baby smell.  (Well, some of the baby smells…) 

When we found out we were expecting Joey, it came as somewhat of a shock.  I had gone to the doctor for a sinus infection and was told, ”Mrs. Campagnone, we are going to give you something to make you feel better.  You do know your pregnant, right?”  I must have looked dumbfounded because the poor doctor asked me three times if I was okay! 

It was another surprise in the delivery room, when I gave birth to a baby who was over ten pounds.  (The doctor swore he was only going to be around seven. Yeah, Right!)   My whole birth plan was simple…Get the drugs! I didn’t practice breathing in preparation.  I practiced asking for all the drugs on the medicine cart.   I’ve had two other babies and I wasn’t looking for a medal or anything.  Imagine my surprise (and horror) when I went from zero to birth in under thirty minutes with no medication!

I guess the word surprise is the best way to sum up my baby boy.  One great, big, wonderful surprise!  Out of all my children, Joey is my practical joker.  He is constantly playing tricks on Aaron, me, and his brothers.  He is also my musician.  Yes, I FINALLY got one!  He makes up his own songs on the way to school every morning.  Then, he ask me, “Mommy, Do you like that?  Forget The wheels on the bus, Joey is an Aerosmith fan.  He sings on key, too!  

Joey is really excited about turning four.  He has been planning his birthday party for months.  He talks about it constantly.  His mommy is a little less excited about this event.  It is hard letting your baby grow up.  However, I do look forward to seeing the young man Joseph is going to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews