Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Vent


Christmas is MAGIC!  Come on, people!  I love Christmas!  I love the tree.  I love the lights. I love the music.  I love the old Christmas movies that come on our TV.  I love, love, LOVE it!  To me, Christmas is all about the children.  After all, we celebrate Christmas because of a special, small child.  I do my best to make the moment as magical for my own children as my parents made it for me. 
So, I cannot fathom the thinking of some parents.  This week, I actually heard a parent say, “I work hard for my money!  I am not letting Santa take the credit!” Really?!!  I work hard too but I am not selfish enough to take the wonder away from my children.   Let’s face it.  The harsh reality of the world we live in will rear its ugly head soon enough.  Why not let these little children enjoy the magic while they can? I am so lucky my parents made Christmas magical. 
One more vent.  Parents, You have had 364 days to prepare.   Why are you shopping 5 days before Christmas?  No amount of sales in the world can persuade me to fight the angry masses right now. 
That is my Christmas vent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews