Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Have a Dream!


For Stephanie-

Usually, Steph, I do not record my dreams.  However, the one I had last night was so strange!  Get ready….Here goes!   

You, me, and Matt were at your house in Belmont Farms.  We decided to go to the store.  It was a very pretty day, very sunny and warm.  We decided to ride our bikes to the store, instead of driving.  The only problem is there were only 2 bikes and three of us.  No prob! Matt found a small scooter (kick powered, the ones smaller kids ride) and decided to ride that.  So, there we are, riding our bikes down the street- Matt beside us looking utterly ridiculous kicking off on the little scooter.  We ride for hours.  Finally, we arrive at a small gas station and stop to ask for directions and buy water.  

Let me stop here and ask the obvious questions.  Why were we riding for hours to get to a store if our ride originated at Belmont Farms?  Why couldn’t we just get what we needed at the gas station?

Anyway, the clerk tells us the nearest town is twenty miles away.  Twenty?! !  We eventually complete our journey.  The next thing I know is we are sitting in a courtroom because YOU have decided to sue Mother Nature.  Your argument?  1-She conned us into attempting a bike ride by creating such a beautiful warm, sunny day.  2- She made natural landmarks causing developers to build the store too far away from your house.  In my dream, I am standing up with you in the courtroom even though I am obviously embarrassed by your ditziness.  (We have known each other since Junior high, I can call you ditzy! We all have our moments!)   Matt is sitting on the first row with his head in his lap trying to not be noticed by the news media which have gathered to report on this landmark case. 

The poor bewildered judge looks at you and asks how you expect Mother Nature to pay if you win this case.  You calmly reply, “Your honor, which is why I am also suing the Department of Forestry, Department of Agriculture, and the Department of Parks and Recreation!”

 Did I say ditzy?  I meant GENIUS! Oh, and my lawyers will be calling you.  I am suing the company who makes Nyquil because I took a dose last night.  I am absolutely sure it caused me to have such a disturbing dream!  Love ya, girl! 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Are you on a "read the Bible in a year" program? I am and just finished reading about Joseph. What could this dream possibly mean? That I'm a genius? Well, that's a given. ;) But seriously, suing Mother Nature makes about as much sense as some of Obama's other policies. Carbon credits, for example?

    If I ever did sue Mother Nature (which I wouldn't, but pretending I did...) and win, I would be satisfied with Matt as my pay-off. Man, do I ever miss him! Riding that scooter sounds exactly like something he would do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews