Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blog Therapy


Next week is a week we have waited for and dreaded for a long time.  I am excited to see my sister-in-law.  I am dreading the reason for her visit.  Next week, we go to court.  Those who know my family know we are currently involved in a wrongful death lawsuit.  Let me start by emphatically stating we are not a family excited about suing, we are not out to “get paid”, we are not looking for revenge.  The decision to sue is one we struggled with. In the end, we decided this decision may help others in our community not have to endure the hell our family has had to go through. The lawsuit involves the untimely death of Aaron’s mom.  I won’t go into the details right now.  Mistakes were made.  Truth was covered up.  There was lack of care.  

It has been five years.  Our family has been on a roller coaster.  Hopefully, next week will bring us some closure.  I am dreading court.  I have tried not to remember the day Mom C died for a long time.  The events of that horrible day are too painful.  Can you see why I dread going to court?  I do not want to relive those memories.  I don’t want to hear excuses.  I don’t want to listen as our lawyer tries to put into words what was taken from us.  How can you explain the horror of listening to your five year old beg God to let his grandma live as you race frantically toward the hospital or the heartbreak of sitting on the kitchen floor trying to calm down your special needs nine year old because he just found out his grandma is gone forever?  How can you accurately describe what my baby missed out on because he will never know his grandmother who loved him so much the first few months of his life or of watching your strong husband completely fall apart?  How can you express what was so carelessly taken from us- a wife, mother, grandmother, and friend?  Each member of our family has their own story of that day, of when they heard the news.  The most horrible part about it is it did not need to happen. We shouldn’t have these stories, these memories.  

Pray for the Campagnone’s and the Arceneaux’s as we face the heartbreak next week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews