Friday, February 13, 2015

Deeper into the Fort.......an additional update on Ty

I just wanted to give you an update regarding Tyler's doctor's appointment today,  We have no good news.  Tyler's oxygen level is dropping.  More than we thought.  At night, it is so bad the doctor said,"If he were a full grown man in the hospital, they would be beginning CPR at that point."  It has already begun to cause him to have seizures.  So here are our choices.

#1 - Surgery.  Major surgery.  They will expand his nasal passages, expand his jaw, and reduce and reshape his tongue.  Afterward, he will be in a medically induced coma on a ventilator for 7- 10 days. Tyler has had issues with sedation and things in the past.  We have been told he could have a trache when he is released.

#2- We don't have the surgery.  He will slowly suffocate.  His heart will be suffer severe damage.  His organs will shut down.  He probably won't reach adulthood.


Going in to the doctor's, I was against having the surgery.  Aaron and I left the office speaking in half sentences.  How do you deny your child the chance to live?  It is going to be tough- emotionally, financially and, for Tyler, physically.  We have decided to have the surgery.

The scheduling process is underway.  We should have a date soon.  For now, my husband is married to a crazy woman.  I am emotional, scared, and angry.  I am angry my baby will once again have to fight.  I am angry we are being forced AGAIN to make decisions no parent should have to.  I am tired of getting a glimpse of calmness only to have it squashed.  Yep, tonight I am angry.  No child should have to deal with this and no parent should have to watch.

So now...I am taking a break from facebook.  I am probably putting my phone on silent.  I am going to hide in my blanket fort, drink wine, and eat chocolate.  I am going to go to church on Sunday and try to find grace because right now I am having trouble understanding God's plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews