Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Blanket Fort has Collapsed... Good bye Blanket Fort......

Good Grief!  Today, I got pulled over by the cops.  I was trying to avoid the parking lot on 285 on my commute to work and ran a stop sign.  A couple of policemen on motorcycles pulled me over.  I was sure I was getting a ticket, a huge fine, and attitude.  I say that because when the police officer came up to the van, he seemed rude and cut off every sentence I tried to say. He mentioned my cell  phone was on so I was obviously surfing on my phone as I was driving.  He took my lisence and spent around 15 minutes running the tag.  During that 15 minutes, I was pissed. A ticket? Really? After everything else put on us this month, now I was going to have to pay a fine?  What else?!!  I was just trying to get to work so I could make sure everything was as done as possible for when I take an indefinant leave of absence. A fine?  More money out of our pockets?  Really?  Wasn't it enough we were going to be financing basically 2 households during the coming months since our family would be split into two parts?  I think I was more angry I had no time to explain I didn't know this area or see the sign.  (Not an excuse, but still!)  He wouldn't let me explain my cell phone was only on because I was using google maps to get to work.  I had the voice command going into the speakers on my van so I wasn't even looking at me cell.  Really?!!!!!

Surprisingly, I received a warning.  Later, when I was complaining to my Aaron that I couldn't seem to catch a break, he stared at me and informed me a warning was a break.  God bless my infuriatingly rational husband.

Sigh.

Ty's surgery has been scheduled for Monday morning at 9:45 am at Scottish Rite. Last time, we created a medical page through the hospital to give updates to family and friends.  We aren't doing that this time.  I will be updating our family blog.  There is a way for family and friends to sign up to get updates on this site.  That said, I will be taking a break from Facebook.

Frankly, I am bitchy.  I'm sorry.  That is the word that best describes me at the moment.  (Ask Aaron.  He better not agree.)    My emotions are all over the place right now.  I go from laughing to crying to being angry within a matter of moments.  Tonight, we ate tacos and I thought, "What if this is the last time Tyler eats tacos?!!" I am taking these feelings out on Aaron.  He is being so strong, but why should he have to deal with everything PLUS a crazy wife? :)

I feel isolated.  I read facebook and feel even more isolated.  When I see friends post about how they ran out of ketchup, I think, "Really?  It must be so hard to be out of KETCHUP right now!!" So I am out, people!  I love you and I promise to be a much better friend after this ordeal is over.  I am raw and I am broken.

Right now is rough.  I am so thankful for family and friends.  While I have felt isolated, angry, and lost lately, I have also felt love.  So many of you have sent us good wishes and encouraging messages.  I have received support and offers of help.  I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Karyn, we are praying that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews