Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Logan!


September 25, 2012
 
Dear Logan,                                       

I can’t believe you are 10.  It seems like just yesterday you were born.  Did you know I took one look at you and thought, “I’ve given birth to a papoose!”  You had such beautiful dark skin and eyes.  Your head was covered with black hair.  Of course, I only got to look at you briefly because your daddy whisked you away and wouldn’t give you back.  In the hospital, you were constantly in his arms.  I had to beg to hold you.  At the slightest noise, your daddy would scoop you up.  He was enthralled by you!  You seemed perfectly content to be daddy’s boy- then and now!   

I am so proud of you.  You have accomplished so much in the 10 years you have been alive.  Most of all, you are kind.  (Except to Joey.)  Daddy and I watched you last weekend at the aquarium.  You would walk up to any of the children with special needs and start a conversation with them.  You weren’t even a little intimidated.  You are amazing with the kids on our baseball team.  I was so impressed that you didn’t want to play on a league yourself because you wouldn’t get to be a buddy to a player in the sunshine league.  You are patient.  (Except to Joey.)  You are helpful. (Except to Joey.)  I am so impressed by the person you have become.  

I can’t wait to see what you do with your life.  I know you can do anything you set your mind to do.  I hope you have a happy birthday and a GREAT 10th year.  (Hey- work on the Joey thing.)

I love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews